Mold Manufacturing and Design Capabilities
The high performance injection molds created by ATM blend Craftsmanship with Technology. They are products that combine innovation and artistry – they are products that we, as ATM, are extremely proud of.
Click the green links for an image:
- 150,000 sq.ft. Facility
- 150,000 sq.ft. (13,935 sq.m) facility with central heat and air conditioning throughout.
- In-House Mold Testing Capabilities
- On-site molding machines with capacity up to 720 tons and 130 ounces.
- On-site testing of molds up to 44" wide.
- Extended test run availability with the ability to perform design of Experiment (DOE)(DOX).
- High Speed Milling Equipment
- (1) CNC Mikron HSM600U 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center with 36,000 rpm spindle speed, pallet changing system and multi-position tool changing.
- (1) CNC Mori Seiki MH-1000 Horizontal Machining Center w/ Full 4th Axis and Gun Drilling capability.
- (1) CNC Okk MCV-860 Vertical Machining Center: 33x80 travel, linear scales, 35 hp spindle.
- CNC Palletized EDM Equipment
- (1) CNC Charmilles EDM Roboform 2400QCR - 128 amps with "C" axis, quick pallet change, 8 pallets, 32 - position tool changer and Micro Finish.
- Wire Electrical Discharge (Wire EDM)
- (1) CNC Charmilles Robofil 4030SI Twin Wire EDM with Micro-Surf and Micro-Cut. 55lb. spools.
- CNC Lathe Equipment
- (1) CNC Mori Seiki Lathe with Live Tooling, Sub-Spindle and Precision Hard Turning.
- Surface Grinding Equipment
- (1) AMW 30" x 60" Surface Grinder
- CNC ID/OD Grinding Equipment
- (1) Kellenberger UR 175 x 1000/90 (14 in) CNC ID/OD Cylindrical Grinder.
- CNC Jig Grinding Equipment
- (1) CNC Hauser SIP Jig Grinder.
- Misc. Grinding Equipment
- (1) Maximart Ejector and Core Pin Grinder.
- CMM Inspection and Supporting Equipment
- (1) CNC Brown and Sharpe Mistna high speed CMM.
- Laser Engraving/Etching
- (1) CNC Icon CLC Laser Engraver.
- Hydraulic Core Pull
- Hydraulic and Mechanical Unscrewing
- Collapsible Cores
- Mechanical Slides
- Lift Mechanisms
- Lift & Twist Mechanisms (for undercut release)
- In-Mold Closing
- In-Mold Labeling
- Valve Gate
- Hot Edge
- 90 deg. Hot Melt
- Horizontal Valve Gate
- 2 Material
- Hot Runner
- Hot-to-Cold Runner
- Stripper Plate
- LSR Molds
- Two Material
- Cold Deck or Cold Runner
- Cold to Hot Runner
- Fully Automated De-molding
- Automation of Secondary Operations
- Plates and misc. Moldbase Components:
± .0005 in. (± .012 mm)
- Cavity Stack Components:
± .0002 in. (± .005 mm)
- Laminated Inserts:
± .0001 in. (± .0025 mm) or closer
- Plate Machining: 48" wide x 70" long
- Mold Handling Weight: Crane capacity to 20,000 lbs.
- Average molds under construction: 60
- Annual Mold Production: ~200 molds
- Normal Design and Build Delivery Time: 11 - 13 weeks.
The implementation of advanced machining and manufacturing techniques allows ATM to produce all mold components in the shortest time. For example, computer workstations are located on the mold manufacturing work floor. This allows manufacturing personnel to directly query the engineering database to find reference points or an inspection datum. Efficient processes don't just save time; they also save money.